Welcome to our blog!
Amy and Jennifer ARE Seduced by Books. We’re both in our 30’s, moms, close friends, work together, and share many of the same interests including our love of reading. Amy grew up in Maryland and has been obsessed with Vampires for as long as she can remember. Jenn grew up in Florida and loves the furry, the fey, and the fangs, in that order. Currently we are both in Orlando, FL. When we can be pulled away from books, Amy loves to bake and Jenn loves to take pictures and scrap.
We decided to create a place where we could direct friends, and acquaintances for, book suggestions/recommendations (Jenn’s been known to talk to strangers on the train while traveling in NYC). Once we started out with a simple page, we evolved from there. Now we are sharing our book reviews, fun comments, recipes, and giveaways. We try to give reviews on new releases, pre-releases, and oldies but goodies that we read, or are reading. We’re going to be adding author interviews for established and up and coming authors soon.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, Book 6)Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice. Now, with Rose on trial for her life and Lissa first in line for the Royal Throne, nothing will ever be the same between them. (courtesy of goodreads)


Let me just say that Vampire Academy is my ALL time favorite Young Adult Read (I feel like it shouldn’t even be classified as Young Adult but I realize that is ages 18-25). 
I LOVE this series. 

Last Sacrifice is an intensely emotional and a wild ride mystery read.  Mead has kept her readers involved and on their toes once again.  As this book ends the series, I can only hold my breath waiting for the spin off series due out sometime in middle/late 2011 because her characters have come to hold such a part of my heart from the very first book (titled Vampire Academy).

In this book, our lead bad girl, Rose, has to fight to prove her innocence, find a missing person linked to save Lissa, protect the ones she loves, and determine who is her true love.  That’s a typical day in the life for Rose.  She has definitely grown in this series and I was ready for her to get her final day/reward.  I will hope to get cameo’s from her in the spin off, but Rose has been battling for everything she has since our first book.  Dimtri is tasked to watch over Rose, where will it lead them?  (I’m not giving spoilers, well trying not to) They have no choice but to fight their way.  Lissa has also grown in the series, and is ready to accept her changes.  Accepting them is one thing, but can she expect to win them?  Lissa is determined to help Rose prove her innocence.  All of Rose’s friends are out to finally come to her aide as she has done for them.  Rose, however, always wants to keep them hidden and safe. 

The story was amazing.  The way the plot unfolds and the suspense Mead leaves you in as you read kept me biting my lip.  I could not put the book down.  Mead closed where we were left from Spirit Bound, solved the mystery, left our characters in a good place where we can see a potential but it’s not finite and laid out.  All but 1, and I can only hope I get that story in the spin off.  We meet new characters here and further develop some “passerbys” from the previous books.  The spin off has so many places it can go.

Bottom line Last Sacrifice definitely gets 6 slices!!!  Mead has written this series in such a way that I feel the passion and thrills as if I was there. 





2 comments:

  1. I know! I loved it so much also, so much so that I actually just reread it. "Bloodlines" is going to be great!

    Avery
    http://averysbooknook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Avery - I can't wait!!!! we'll have to share stories on a PM

    ReplyDelete