Welcome to our blog!
Amy and Jennifer ARE Seduced by Books. We’re both in our 30’s, moms, close friends, work together, and share many of the same interests including our love of reading. Amy grew up in Maryland and has been obsessed with Vampires for as long as she can remember. Jenn grew up in Florida and loves the furry, the fey, and the fangs, in that order. Currently we are both in Orlando, FL. When we can be pulled away from books, Amy loves to bake and Jenn loves to take pictures and scrap.
We decided to create a place where we could direct friends, and acquaintances for, book suggestions/recommendations (Jenn’s been known to talk to strangers on the train while traveling in NYC). Once we started out with a simple page, we evolved from there. Now we are sharing our book reviews, fun comments, recipes, and giveaways. We try to give reviews on new releases, pre-releases, and oldies but goodies that we read, or are reading. We’re going to be adding author interviews for established and up and coming authors soon.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lover Reborn by J R Ward

What I can say about this one is INTENSE – We all loved Wellsie and what she gave back to John and how Tohr gave himself to her when she passed. Knowing this was Tohr’s book, I went in as open minded as I could. We learned more of his past in Lover Mine and Lover Unleashed as we learned about Xhex and No’One.

Ward definitely turned the corners on this book. So much has happened in the story line. The B.o.B. are in full force, the lessers are coming out of the wood work, and the Brothers still have to validate their worth to the glymera. Ward takes Tohr through some crazy Shasta – because he can not let go, he’s hooked Wellsie in between, she can never settle. Not your typical love story – two broken souls just getting by – most of the book (which is set over about a year) Tohr goes through the motions…it’s not working.

What I love about Ward is one book does not end a couple’s story, and what I loved most about this book, probably because Xhex is one of my favorite characters, is John and Xhex. John is just unbelievable. This installment had me looking inside my own life and reflecting. I enjoyed the dive into Xhex and her mom.

I could have smacked Tohr half the time with some of his comments, but then we have all become to love these guys like our own Brothers. In series, they always have a book that is a bridge between the series continuing on, most of the times that bridge, is a small one and insignificant. This book is the fricking Golden Gate. It’s huge and not just in pages, the story line is up, down, around, flips you back, forward, you name it. It’s all good, as I said in the beginning, Intense. That is the only way I can describe it with out giving anything away. I am so looking forward to the next, Quinn and Blay’s book. After the turns of events here in Lover Reborn, it’s going to be another fricking ride for sure!


2 comments:

  1. I really liked the series and loved the character development in all. However, this book did not fill out Tohrment as I had him built up to be in my mind. I did enjoythe book greatly and will read the next one. Seems like the relationship with Tohr and Autumn was a little under developed and shallow. Still a great series.

    ReplyDelete