Welcome to our blog!
Amy and Jennifer ARE Seduced by Books. We’re both in our 30’s, moms, close friends, work together, and share many of the same interests including our love of reading. Amy grew up in Maryland and has been obsessed with Vampires for as long as she can remember. Jenn grew up in Florida and loves the furry, the fey, and the fangs, in that order. Currently we are both in Orlando, FL. When we can be pulled away from books, Amy loves to bake and Jenn loves to take pictures and scrap.
We decided to create a place where we could direct friends, and acquaintances for, book suggestions/recommendations (Jenn’s been known to talk to strangers on the train while traveling in NYC). Once we started out with a simple page, we evolved from there. Now we are sharing our book reviews, fun comments, recipes, and giveaways. We try to give reviews on new releases, pre-releases, and oldies but goodies that we read, or are reading. We’re going to be adding author interviews for established and up and coming authors soon.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SIN UNDONE by Larissa Ione



HER TOUCH IS DEADLY
As the only female Seminus demon ever born, master assassin Sinead Donnelly is used to being treated like an outcast. She spent decades enslaved, and now vows she’ll die before she’ll relinquish her freedom again. Then Sin’s innate ability to kill her enemies goes awry: She creates a lethal new werewolf virus that sparks a firestorm of panic and violence.
HIS HUNGER CAN’T BE DENIED
Half-werewolf, half-vampire Conall Dearghul is charged with bringing in Sin to face punishment for the plague. And she’s no stranger: He’s bound to her by blood, and the one sexual encounter they shared has left him hungering for her raw sensuality. Worse, Sin is the underworld’s most wanted and Con soon learns he’s the only one who can help her . . . and that saving her life might mean sacrificing his own. (back cover comments)

Can I just say WOW?  Ok, found Larissa Ione by chance with her Demonica Series.  I'm partial to my weres/shifters and my demons.  So when I tried her first book (Pleasure Unbound) I was hooked.  Ione has set up an underworld like none other.  The group of incubi demon brothers have pasts to overcome and these books pack a great story with an exciting action filled plot, plus down and out, hot grinding sex...so how can you not be hooked??  Sin Undone is the 5th book in this series and I was on pins and needles waiting for it.  I finished it in less than a day. 

Our brothers find they have a SISTER, the only female Seminus demon born (as her brother calls her Smurfette).  She's grown up alone and hard and that shows in the icy shell around her heart.  She's a tough assassin - BAD ASS assassin - and she doesn't like to depend on anyone, tossed in with being a succubi and being "owned" most her life.  Her world is ripped from her since she is responsible for dying werewolves around the world.  She unprotected and on the run, when she finds she has to depend on someone.  Con steps up, but can he break that icy shell?  He's sexy and she's been there done that, but he's the only one that can work her to do what's needed.  Can he over come his feelings on the friends and family that have died because of her.  

This book was packed full of action, full on battles, fighting off assassins, sex, cliffhangers, and an extra bonus romance.  Ione's writing is in the here and now, I really relate to how she writes and I love that.  She references the real world and things I grew up with.  The brothers, mates, and friends all have a genuine banter that sets me right in the room with them.  I didn't want to leave and I hope we have a few more in this series.  

As the book ends, we get a prelude to a break off series that I have high hopes for.  I see the characters in Demonica stepping in briefly in the new series.  

Ione also writes as Sydney Croft.  
I definitely recommend this Demonica Series, Sin Undone Book 5.  

Rating - 5 slices

3 comments:

  1. Hi there i just found your blog while i was looking at another one and just wanted to say hi. Great review on Sin Undone like you i was hooked on this series from the start but haven't as yet read this one its in my pile to read next. If you love this series i would recommend Gena Showalters Lords of the Underworld that is a fantastic series. My friend and i have a relatively new blog as well called Strange candy reviews. Good luck and i look forward to reading more reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine - I shall be checking out Strange Candy Reviews - I can't wait for you to read Sin Undone, and Gena Showalter is on my TBR list. I have a few of hers on the shelf :) Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure will. Ive just finished Gena Showalters Playing with Fire and Twice as Hot and im about to start Sin Undone, i cant wait, the pile on my bedside table is growing very large lol lol.

    ReplyDelete