Welcome to our blog!
Amy and Jennifer ARE Seduced by Books. We’re both in our 30’s, moms, close friends, work together, and share many of the same interests including our love of reading. Amy grew up in Maryland and has been obsessed with Vampires for as long as she can remember. Jenn grew up in Florida and loves the furry, the fey, and the fangs, in that order. Currently we are both in Orlando, FL. When we can be pulled away from books, Amy loves to bake and Jenn loves to take pictures and scrap.
We decided to create a place where we could direct friends, and acquaintances for, book suggestions/recommendations (Jenn’s been known to talk to strangers on the train while traveling in NYC). Once we started out with a simple page, we evolved from there. Now we are sharing our book reviews, fun comments, recipes, and giveaways. We try to give reviews on new releases, pre-releases, and oldies but goodies that we read, or are reading. We’re going to be adding author interviews for established and up and coming authors soon.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Deceived by the Others by Jess Haines

Deceived By The Others (H&W Investigations)Shiarra's relationship with sexy werewolf Chaz is somewhat unconventional. Still, after a few bumps, Shia is ready to get serious. That means meeting family - or in this case, bringing Chaz's entire werewolf pack along for a rollicking full-moon weekend in the Catskills. Soon after they arrive, threatening notes appear, warning Chaz to go home. Then, their cabin is ransacked. Shia starts digging to find out whether it's the work of teenaged werewolves or something more sinister. As rumours about her vampire connections arouse the pack's hostility, Shia has to contend with other, potentially fatal dangers.(courtesy of Amazon)

Can I just say BRAVO!


Haines had me eating out of her hand in this book – I was engrossed in Shia’s emotions throughout the whole book.  It took me a day to come back to reality and I’m still not over it 100%. 

Haines has given us Shia – a Private investigator that reluctantly gets wrapped up in the world of the Others.  In Hunted by the Others (Book 1) Shia is forced in to the others as she’s being ‘hunted’ and she wants nothing to do with them – she just recently dumped her boyfriend when she found out he was a Were.  In Taken by the Others (Book 2) Shia struggles with her relationship with the Others including her on/off boyfriend Chaz (the Were), and is ‘taken’ against her will.  All the while, as I’m usually furry-friendly, I can’t help rooting for the Vamp in this series.  Haines gives me Alex Royce – I’m immediately connected to him – I don’t know how Haines does it, but she did! 
After finishing Taken – I only hope for more of Royce – so imagine my shock as we start Book 3 – Deceived by the Others – and Shia is working things out with Chaz…….

But some how Haines gets me pulling for Chaz – I’m so wrapped up in Shia’s emotions and I’m riding along as she battles some one out to kill them.  And then, just as Shia – I’m completely smacked in the face – I couldn’t believe it – and I couldn’t put the book down to stop.  I had to finish – started it that night and didn’t go to bed until I was done! Finally, I’m dying for the next book – I have to know where she’s going.  Haines is giving Shia the tough girl attitude and now I want to see where it leads her.  Let alone all the drama that is yet to come. 

So I say again – BRAVO Jess Haines – keep H&W Investigations in business and give us book 4 :) 
6 slices




No comments:

Post a Comment