Welcome to our blog!
Amy and Jennifer ARE Seduced by Books. We’re both in our 30’s, moms, close friends, work together, and share many of the same interests including our love of reading. Amy grew up in Maryland and has been obsessed with Vampires for as long as she can remember. Jenn grew up in Florida and loves the furry, the fey, and the fangs, in that order. Currently we are both in Orlando, FL. When we can be pulled away from books, Amy loves to bake and Jenn loves to take pictures and scrap.
We decided to create a place where we could direct friends, and acquaintances for, book suggestions/recommendations (Jenn’s been known to talk to strangers on the train while traveling in NYC). Once we started out with a simple page, we evolved from there. Now we are sharing our book reviews, fun comments, recipes, and giveaways. We try to give reviews on new releases, pre-releases, and oldies but goodies that we read, or are reading. We’re going to be adding author interviews for established and up and coming authors soon.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Demon Slayer times 3 - reviews on 3 by Angie Fox

The Accidental Demon SlayerThe Accidental Demon Slayer
It's never a good day when an ancient demon shows up on your toilet bowl. For Lizzie Brown, that's just the beginning. Soon her hyperactive terrier starts talking, and her long-lost biker witch Grandma is hurling Smuckers jars filled with magic. Just when she thinks she's seen it all, Lizzie learns she's a demon slayer-and all hell is after her. Of course, that's not the only thing after her. Dimitri Kallinikos, a devastatingly handsome shape-shifting griffin needs Lizzie to slay a demon of his own. But how do you talk a girl you've never met into going straight to the underworld? Lie. And if that doesn't work, how dangerous could a little seduction be...?(Courtesy of Amazon)

The Dangerous Book for Demon SlayersThe Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers
Demon slaying powers should come with an instruction book ...
Seriously. Why does a new hair dryer have a twelve-page how-to manual, but when it comes to ancient demon-fighting hocus-pocus, my biker witch granny gives me just half a dozen switch stars and a rah-rah speech? Oh, and a talking terrier, but that's another story. It's not like my job as a preschool teacher prepared me for this kind of thing.
So I've decided to write my own manual, The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers, because no one tells me anything. Dimitri, my "protector," may be one stud of a shape-shifting griffin, but he always thinks he can handle everything by himself. Only he's no match for the soul-stealing succubi taking over Las Vegas. If I can't figure out how to save him - and Sin City - there'll be hell to pay.(Courtesy of Amazon)


A Tale of Two Demon SlayersThe Tale of Two Demon Slayers
Last month, I was a single preschool teacher whose greatest thrill consisted of color-coding my lesson plans. That was before I learned I was a slayer. Now, it's up to me to face curse-hurling imps, vengeful demons, and any other supernatural uglies that crop up. And, to top it off, a hunk of a shape-shifting griffin has invited me to Greece to meet his family. But it's not all sun, sand, and ouzo. Someone has created a dark-magic version of me with my powers and my knowledge--and it wants to kill me and everyone I know. Of course, this evil twin doesn't have Grandma's gang of biker witches, a talking Jack Russell terrier, or an eccentric necromancer on its side. In the ultimate showdown for survival, may the best demon slayer win.(Courtesy of Amazon)


Ok, I have to do these reviews together, because I snagged these up at a sale, and blew through them all in one weekend, so it was like one big fun book all together. 

The story line was a little reminiscent of Katie MacAlister’s Aisling Grey series, which I LOVE.  Our poor girl, gets sucked into a world she didn’t know anything about, her dog starts talking and she has a gorgeous shifter.  Fox definitely kept it fun. 

In Book 1, Fox tosses you right into Lizzie, and the craziness kicks up in full gear.  She’s running to keep safe, and she has no idea what she’s doing.  Fox heats it up between Lizzie and Dimitri and twists up the plot.  I was having so much fun I didn’t want it to end.

Thankfully, Book 2 was waiting right by my side.  Lizzie and Dimitri pick up and fall right into trouble again.  I thought Fox’s ‘manual’ for demon slayers was fun as just about each chapter starts out with a tidbit from the manuscript.  I was hoping for Lizzie to conquer all and keep hooking up with her hottie. 

Open up Book 3, finally some time with our couple – yeah right.  Lizzie’s life isn’t that easy and Fox keeps you jumping.  In steps some competition for our leading lady.  This was one of the favs of the three for me. 

Now Book 4 is out – The Last of the Demon Slayers, it’s on my Kindle – getting to it soon!
and LOVE the covers!

















 

 














 

 















 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment